Monday, September 29, 2008

One Wish: Chapter Seven

A.N. You ppl are lukkyy u get 2 chapters toda yand my rant!! don't forget to go over to Batya's page~~~~
-----------------------------

One Wish:
Chapter Seven:

“Selena… Can you slow down?! You walk too fast!”
“Maybe you’re just slow!”
“C’mon!!”
“…. Fine, you have ten seconds to catch up. Starting… now…”
“UGH!”
“8”
“Count slower!!!”
“5”
“Dammit!”
“3”
“Rawrs.”
“1”

I walked as she tried to catch up with me. It wasn’t really my fault. Se was just at five feet, and I was five feet four. I was about to get onto the bus to go home when all of a sudden, a hand grabbed me, yanking me off the bus.

“Finally.”
“Selena Arson, on or off?!” the bus driver screamed.
“Off”
“YAY!” Elizabeth squealed. “Anyways, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come over today.”
“Why would I come?”
“Because you’re my friend~”
“When did I say that?”
“Just now?”
“I never said that I was your friend.”
“You just did.” Elizabeth laughed.
“I didn’t.”

Frustrated I started to walk home, only to have Elizabeth tag along. As I walked, Elizabeth constantly shattered. Occasionally it would be about the gossip in the school, and most of the time it would be about all the guys there. I finally stopped outside my house and went in.

“Mom, I’m home!”
“Oh. My. God. This is your home? Its sooooo nice!”
“Selena? Is there a guest in the house?”
“No!”
“Okay.”

I was frustrated. Elizabeth had followed me home. And on top of that, she was giving me a headache. Then I felt an imaginary lightbulb light up above my head.

“Elizabeth, you wanna play a game?”
“Sure.”
“The rules are simple. You close your eyes, and you guess where you are when I tell you to, after I move you around.”
“Ok.”

I steered Elizabeth towards the door. And I spun her around and around. I opened the door quietly. Then I closed the door.

“Okay. You can guess now.”

I walked away, and upstairs to my room. But I couldn’t help but feel that it was all wrong. IT made me feel bad. I had been bitter about everything recently, but when I was with Elizabeth, I felt lighter. All the weight had been taken off when I talked to her. So I went back downstairs, and opened the door. Elizabeth was there, sitting on the steps with her blindfolds still on.

“Are you done guessing?”
“Yah.”
“Okay.”
“What’s your final guess?”
“Outside your home.”
“Yup.”
“Do you really hate me that much?” she asked me. There were teas in her eyes.
“No.”
“Then, why would you kick me out of your house? I thought we were friends.”
“We’re not friends.”
“Oh.”
“We’re best friends.” I smiled at her, and then helped her up.
“Ya know. That line was really corny.” Elizabeth said.
“I know.”
“How `bout we go to my place?”
“Sure.”

With that, I told my mom I was going somewhere, and then walked away. I went to Elizabeth’s house and was in for a big surprise.

Elizabeth and I walked a few blocks down. Soon we were outside a beautiful house covered with flowers. It was huge. The house was so beautiful; I couldn’t believe it belonged to Elizabeth. I expected a queen to walk out of the house and scold us for being on her property. Instead, Elizabeth pulled out a set of keys, and pushed a key into the lock. She turned the key as I held my breath.

“On second thought let’s just go to the park and hang out, we’re not really done unpacking yet.” Elizabeth smiled.
“Eh…. Sure.” I replied.

We headed towards the park and I couldn’t understand why she held back. Was it because of me??

All of a sudden when we were on the swings, Elizabeth broke down and started to cry. I didn’t understand, everything was wrong…

“What’s wrong??”
“Everything!!”
“What happened?”
“I’m constantly abused, and I put my anger out on others. MY friends were afraid of me when I was in my old school. I act as if I’m a B***h because I didn’t wanna be picked on. Now, I know how everyone feels!!!”
“It’s alright, you have to learn to just let go…”
“I can’t let go of the fact that my dad is blind and is in love with a frikin’ slut of a mother. She’s not even my mother!!!”
“It’s alright. Stand up for yourself…”
“Yea.. .right… so I can get hurt?!?”
“It’s alright….”

I hugged her as she sobbed. I was never one to give advice, I couldn’t keep friends, and I wasn’t exactly the smartest. All I knew was to read, to sleep and to eat. Yes, I admit I am lazy. Elizabeth looked at me, and I smiled back. She wiped her tears and stood up.

“I, Elizabeth Lao, solemnly swear that I will never pick on anyone else again out of anger because of my stupid stepmother.”
“I think you should take back the ‘stupid mother’ part.”
“It doesn’t matter.”
“ok…”

We left the park and went our separate ways back home. When I went home, I was happy. I understood her, I found out what I was capable of doing, and that was good enough for me. My wish was near completion, I found out talents I never had before, and I might actually have a friend that can last. Only time can tell though, maybe the wish hadn’t come true, maybe it was me the whole time. I was hoping my wish could come true, but now I’m hoping it was just me making my own dreams come true… maybe… just maybe… I don’t want a friend that was given to me from a wish, I want a friend that was earned.
--------------------

Batya's page::
bethyaz-writing.blogspot.com

enjoys~

No comments: